International Computer Driving License
The International Computer Driving License (ICDL) Concept is a global computer literacy initiative developed to raise the level of knowledge about Information Technology (IT) and increase the level of competence in using personal computers and common computer applications for all the citizens of the world.
ICDL Certification Program
ICDL is an internationally-recognized standard of competence for computer users. It is a certificate awarded to a person who has passed one theoretical Test on the Basic Concepts of Information Technology (IT) and six practice-based Tests using a personal computer and common computer applications.
The Seven Test Modules are:
- Basic Concepts of Information Technology (IT)
- Using the Computer and Managing Files
- Word Processing
- Information and Communication
The ICDL's core certification, the ICDL, is the cornerstone of the entire range of ICDL Certification.
As the global standard for end-user computer skills, the ICDL is widely recognized for the variety of benefits, it brings to the individual, employers and society.
Benefits for the individuals:
- Increase essential IT skills levels
- Increase confidence in computer use
- Provide internationally-recognized qualification
- Improve job prospects and job mobility
- Provide a platform from which to move on to higher-level IT education.
ICDL Center in Future University :
ICDL Started in CMC year 2002. It's main goal is to train everyone regardless of age or educational background .The center has trained housewife , children , basic section students secondary section students ,universities graduates ,and employees .The total number of trained students by the center since 2002 is 1820 students. And the ICDL certificate was awarded by the center to 350 students who passed the ICDL exams successfully . There are 6 ICDL Certified instructors in the center that lead the training process in a qualified manner.
The center has conducted the training of students groups from different governmental institutions and non governmental organizations. Below is a list of the organizations that were trained by the center:
- The Red Cross Organization.
- Giad Group.
- Al Baraka Bank.
- Humanitarian Aid and Development Organization.
- Omdurman National Bank.
- Taxes Department.
- National Electricity Corporation.
- Bank of Sudan.
- Al Zakat Chamber.
- Sudan News Agency.
- Sudanese Journalists Federation.
- Civil Aviation.